Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

iphone xs has black screen after i’ve dropped it on tile floor

i’ve dropped my iphone xs that i’ve had for about 7 months on the tile floors of my bathroom, the screen has turned black but i can still hear the sounds of notifications and typing whenever i try to type my password, can someone tell me how to atleast fix the screen?

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 2:32 PM

You may have caused internal hardware damage. About all you can do is try a forced restart:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP

then

• Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN

then

• Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

Unless there is hardware damage a forced restart is guaranteed to work. If this doesn’t solve the problem contact Apple support o discuss repair options→Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2023 2:32 PM in response to mariamalmans00ri

You may have caused internal hardware damage. About all you can do is try a forced restart:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP

then

• Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN

then

• Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

Unless there is hardware damage a forced restart is guaranteed to work. If this doesn’t solve the problem contact Apple support o discuss repair options→Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

iphone xs has black screen after i’ve dropped it on tile floor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.