Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

I don’t have a computer and my charger that originally came with my phone broke, how do I fix this?

I don’t have a computer and my charger that originally came with my phone broke, how do I fix it?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 8:28 AM

pwrmacbob wrote:

Lol. Yes that’s what I meant. What else could it be? He never said anything about another problem.

Yeah; Terse replies can be correct for some interpretations, and can be incorrect for other and potentially unintended interpretations. Text is like that. I too wondered whether your reply was “buy a new computer”, or “buy a new iPhone”, as the broken charger isn’t the fundamental issue here. It’s having no computer available to reset a stuck iPhone.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2023 8:28 AM in response to pwrmacbob

pwrmacbob wrote:

Lol. Yes that’s what I meant. What else could it be? He never said anything about another problem.

Yeah; Terse replies can be correct for some interpretations, and can be incorrect for other and potentially unintended interpretations. Text is like that. I too wondered whether your reply was “buy a new computer”, or “buy a new iPhone”, as the broken charger isn’t the fundamental issue here. It’s having no computer available to reset a stuck iPhone.

Jun 4, 2023 2:56 PM in response to sm_4

if your iPhone is showing a restore screen as inferred from the Related Article linked above, your options are to use or to borrow a Mac or Windows PC for the reset, or to contact Apple Support or an Apple authorized repair provider and ask them perform the reset.

To contact Apple, use the Support link in the lower left corner of this webpage, and chat or call as available.

I don’t have a computer and my charger that originally came with my phone broke, how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.