can i check if an apple watch was stolen?

I want to buy an AW 8 second hand

Is there any possibilities to check if this device was stolen ?

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 11:06 AM

We wouldn't have any way to know whether an Apple Watch is stolen. And Apple doesn't get involved in lost or stolen devices, so Apple can't tell you.

Buyer beware. Unless you can see the watch in person and know without doubt it has been prepared properly for you as a new owner - DO NOT BUY IT.

Daily, people come here who have been scammed and there is no hope for them. They may as well have thrown money down the drain as they are the proud owners of totally useless watches, which they can NEVER use. Again, if you can't see the watch in person and see it is truly ready to be paired to a new iPhone, DON'T BUY IT.

Read this --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2023 11:06 AM in response to deocamdata

We wouldn't have any way to know whether an Apple Watch is stolen. And Apple doesn't get involved in lost or stolen devices, so Apple can't tell you.

Buyer beware. Unless you can see the watch in person and know without doubt it has been prepared properly for you as a new owner - DO NOT BUY IT.

Daily, people come here who have been scammed and there is no hope for them. They may as well have thrown money down the drain as they are the proud owners of totally useless watches, which they can NEVER use. Again, if you can't see the watch in person and see it is truly ready to be paired to a new iPhone, DON'T BUY IT.

Read this --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

can i check if an apple watch was stolen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.