Does Apple have documentation on how to setup its laptops in closed display mode for use with an external monitor?

Does Apple have documentation on how to setup its laptops in closed display mode for use with an external monitor? The only page I could find, Connect a display to your Mac - Apple Support does not document that.

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 11:22 AM

7 replies

Jun 5, 2023 2:40 PM in response to ku4hx

Why should they document anything? Because they should document what is needed to use their products; they are not cheap. I guess their philosophy is that most of their customers aren't using their expensive external monitor so Apple won't document it. Maybe if I look at Studio Display Monitor documentation I would find it. But the lesson I'll take is go to the manufacturer of the peripheral if I need help.

Jun 6, 2023 9:20 AM in response to George Colpitts

Should is an emotional response. Apple documents what Apple wants to document. You can always contact Apple support using the link at the bottom of this page left.

And there's apple feedback: Product Feedback - Apple

We're users just like you and have no more insight into what Apple does, or why, than you do.

But if your interest is the actual process, I provided you a whole bucketful of good references.

Does Apple have documentation on how to setup its laptops in closed display mode for use with an external monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.