You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Assistance: iPhone 14 Plus Purchase - No SIM Tray and eSIM Compatibility Issue in Egypt

Hello Apple Community,

I recently purchased the iPhone 14 Plus and encountered an unexpected issue. The device does not have a physical SIM tray and only supports eSIM for cellular connectivity. However, eSIM technology is not widely available or supported in Egypt, where I reside. As a result, I am unable to use my iPhone with a local carrier.

I am reaching out to the community for assistance and guidance regarding this matter. Has anyone else faced a similar situation or found a workaround for using the iPhone 14 Plus in a country where eSIM is not supported? I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or potential solutions you can provide.

Thank you in advance for your help. I look forward to hearing from you and finding a resolution to this issue.

Best regards,

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 11:57 AM

Ask the carrier to support the eSIM, or use a roaming plan. For reference, iPhone 14 units originally sold outside the USA will have a physical SIM card slot.

(240213)

4 replies

Need Assistance: iPhone 14 Plus Purchase - No SIM Tray and eSIM Compatibility Issue in Egypt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.