Mac won’t let me install macOS High Sierra and accidentally uninstalled Macintosh hd

I was trying to wipe my hard drive from my stuff and i accidentally deleted macintosh hd so now I’m stuck on utilities and my hard drive just has apple hdd hts5450 on it and I can’t click anything on it (erase,restore, and mount) and when I try to install macOS High Sierra it says can’t find server also this is on a Mac mini. Please help

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 2:43 AM

First try and boot from MacOS recovery (not internet recovery)

1. Restart your Mac.
  2. Immediately press and hold one of the following key combinations until you see the startup screen:
    • Command-R: Start up from the built-in macOS Recovery System. Use this key combination to reinstall the latest macOS that was installed on your system, or to use the other apps in macOS Recovery.

If you cannot install macOS this way, you will need to have access to another mac and download macOS High Sierra here: How to download macOS – Apple Support (UK)

After you’ve downloaded high sierra on another mac you can follow these instructions to make a bootalable usb device

Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

After you’ve created the bootable installer, please insert it into your broken mac and press option on startup. Select the bootable installer as boot device, so you can install high sierra anew

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2023 2:43 AM in response to Therealgucci

First try and boot from MacOS recovery (not internet recovery)

1. Restart your Mac.
  2. Immediately press and hold one of the following key combinations until you see the startup screen:
    • Command-R: Start up from the built-in macOS Recovery System. Use this key combination to reinstall the latest macOS that was installed on your system, or to use the other apps in macOS Recovery.

If you cannot install macOS this way, you will need to have access to another mac and download macOS High Sierra here: How to download macOS – Apple Support (UK)

After you’ve downloaded high sierra on another mac you can follow these instructions to make a bootalable usb device

Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

After you’ve created the bootable installer, please insert it into your broken mac and press option on startup. Select the bootable installer as boot device, so you can install high sierra anew

Mac won’t let me install macOS High Sierra and accidentally uninstalled Macintosh hd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.