Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

So in the TOS I just agreed to for my new Apple device it states the I am solely responsible for deciding whether or not to trust specific certificates. Well where to I mark certain ones as untrusted? Because I don’t trust out of date certificates

Belgium Root CA expired Dec. 15 2021, GeoTrust Global CA expired May 21, 2022, E-Turga Certification Authority’ expired Mar. 3, 2023, Hong Kong Post Root CA1 expired May 15, 2023,Staat der Nederlanden EU Root CA expired Dec 8 2022, Staat der Nederlanden Root CA G2 expired Mar. 25 2020, Visa eCommerce Root expired Jun. 24 2022, and I would like to excercise my right to not trust them(even though Apple does) per the TOS I have just agreed to on my new Apple device, yet I do not see an option to do so. How do I go about doing this? As Apple made it very clear in the TOS that trusting them and risk involved was at my sole discretion. I do not trust these certificates!

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 2:52 AM

Contact your IT administrator or MDM provider to obtain the latest MDM profile.

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you
  3. If you want to turn on SSL trust for that certificate, go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. Under "Enable full trust for root certificates," turn on trust for the certificate. Apple recommends deploying certificates via Apple Configurator or Mobile Device Management (MDM). --> Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS and iPadOS ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2023 2:52 AM in response to Mirasimm

Contact your IT administrator or MDM provider to obtain the latest MDM profile.

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you
  3. If you want to turn on SSL trust for that certificate, go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. Under "Enable full trust for root certificates," turn on trust for the certificate. Apple recommends deploying certificates via Apple Configurator or Mobile Device Management (MDM). --> Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS and iPadOS ...

So in the TOS I just agreed to for my new Apple device it states the I am solely responsible for deciding whether or not to trust specific certificates. Well where to I mark certain ones as untrusted? Because I don’t trust out of date certificates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.