How can i reset my device password?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 2:02 AM

If you forgot your passcode, you can use your Apple ID and password to erase and reset your device without a computer.

If you enter the wrong passcode on your iPhone Lock Screen too many times, an alert lets you know that your iPhone is disabled. (Learn what to do if you see "[Device] unavailable" or "Security Lockout" on your iPhone or iPad.)

Lock Screen Passcode or Screen Time Passcode.

Following this process is the only way out if your iPhone is disabled. The steps given in this link will help you reset the passcode -> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

Note: If you have forgotten the Screen Time Passcode then restoring your device from a backup after the passcode reset will return the Passcode back to your device. So, please do not restore from a backup.

iCloud uses Apple ID credentials.

If you do not remember the Apple ID Password then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you do not remember the Apple ID then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you are the owner or the owner has shared all information with you then to open Activation Lock:- If it is Activation locked, read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password with you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their Apple ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2023 2:02 AM in response to Abass-a

If you forgot your passcode, you can use your Apple ID and password to erase and reset your device without a computer.

If you enter the wrong passcode on your iPhone Lock Screen too many times, an alert lets you know that your iPhone is disabled. (Learn what to do if you see "[Device] unavailable" or "Security Lockout" on your iPhone or iPad.)

Lock Screen Passcode or Screen Time Passcode.

Following this process is the only way out if your iPhone is disabled. The steps given in this link will help you reset the passcode -> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

Note: If you have forgotten the Screen Time Passcode then restoring your device from a backup after the passcode reset will return the Passcode back to your device. So, please do not restore from a backup.

iCloud uses Apple ID credentials.

If you do not remember the Apple ID Password then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you do not remember the Apple ID then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you are the owner or the owner has shared all information with you then to open Activation Lock:- If it is Activation locked, read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password with you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.