Family Sharing stopped working for my family with ipadOS 16.5 update

I was running a version 15.x ipadOS and recently updated my iPad Pro 12.9” (Gen 3) to ipadOS 16.5. Now, suddenly all of the family sharing plans I was running are available to my family … One+, iCloud+, Apple Music, shared app purchases, etc; none are working as they used to. I have tried some of the clumsy “reset everything” answers on this community and suffered teh grief of having to restore everything afterward; all 3 of my family members have entirely lost all of those shared features, app downloads, and storage plans. Apple has long has serious problems with Apple IDs but this Family Share problem is a new twist on the old saga. Can anyone shed light on this recent failure?

iPad Pro (3rd generation)

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 10:42 AM

See if Apple can shed light.

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2023 10:42 AM in response to OldGuysStillRule59

See if Apple can shed light.

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Family Sharing stopped working for my family with ipadOS 16.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.