Data Transfer.

Is anyone else experiencing EXTRAORDINARILY long times when using 'Quick start' (placing new phone next to old phone) data transfer after buying a new iPhone.

My 12 mini is only 64g - my new 13 mini is 256g. So far it's taken longer than 8 hours!

I have no sort of 'error message' or any suggestion that the process had been interrupted or needs to be restarted.

I can see that some music has transferred and some photos but no more. Lots of my data has not been 'moved'!

Would it have been quicker to use the 12 mini back-up on my MacBook Pro!

It's ridiculous !

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 2:12 PM

Check:

• Neither phone is on low power mode
  • Both phones have over 50% battery charge
  • Both phones are plugged in
  • Both phones connect to a fast Wi-Fi network
  • Both phones are logged in to the same Apple ID
  • Both phones have an internet connection to download apps (which are not transferred device to device, but are redownloaded from the app store)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2023 2:12 PM in response to DanHarvey

Check:

• Neither phone is on low power mode
  • Both phones have over 50% battery charge
  • Both phones are plugged in
  • Both phones connect to a fast Wi-Fi network
  • Both phones are logged in to the same Apple ID
  • Both phones have an internet connection to download apps (which are not transferred device to device, but are redownloaded from the app store)

Jun 6, 2023 3:44 PM in response to DanHarvey

So............ Abandoned the last 8 hours attempting to transfer data. Hooked it up to the laptop and 15/20 minutes later all done, bar a few apps still downloading.

Apple - why not have a few more windows pop up with information about the massive amount of time that this method takes? Why not tell purchasers that it's much quicker, easier, less frustrating and a lot less confusing to just hook up to a back-up !!

I think your 'guide' or complete lack of useful guidance will frustrate a lot more people.

It's a shame you're far of the mark with this one.

Data Transfer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.