Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Can't restore a backup through ITUNES.

I can't restore my new IPHONE 14 pro max through my ITUNES account, it does not like my new apple ID password. It does accept my new password when I go into the ITUNES store? This is a new password that was created today, it is different than my old password when I did my IPHONE backup?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 7:55 PM

You can’t restore an encrypted backup without its password. With iOS 11 or later or iPadOS, you can make a new encrypted backup of your device by resetting the password. For more info, see:

If you can’t remember the password for your encrypted backup - Apple Support

If you want to restore an encrypted backup, your only option is to guess what password you might have used at the time you initially encrypted it. Possibly an old Apple ID password or maybe your PC login password. If you are desperate, keep guessing. You get an unlimited number of tries.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2023 7:55 PM in response to shelbycmc6969

You can’t restore an encrypted backup without its password. With iOS 11 or later or iPadOS, you can make a new encrypted backup of your device by resetting the password. For more info, see:

If you can’t remember the password for your encrypted backup - Apple Support

If you want to restore an encrypted backup, your only option is to guess what password you might have used at the time you initially encrypted it. Possibly an old Apple ID password or maybe your PC login password. If you are desperate, keep guessing. You get an unlimited number of tries.

Can't restore a backup through ITUNES.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.