Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I purchase the book instead of the audiobook can I get that changed?

I purchased a book, but I wanted an audiobook. Is there anyway to get that transferred to an audiobook? I already paid for the book

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 6:28 PM

If you have purchased a physical book and would like to have it in audiobook format, there are a few options you can consider:

1. Check if an audiobook version is available: Look online or contact the publisher to see if there is an audiobook version of the book you purchased. Many popular books are released in both print and audiobook formats. If an audiobook version is available, you may be able to purchase it separately.
  2. Look for audiobook services or apps: Explore audiobook platforms such as Audible, Google Play Books, or Apple Books. These services offer a wide range of audiobooks for purchase or rental. Search for the title of the book you have and see if it is available as an audiobook on any of these platforms. Note that you may need to make a separate purchase for the audiobook.
  3. Consider audiobook conversion services: There are services available that can convert printed books into audiobooks. However, these services typically involve professional voice actors or text-to-speech technology to create the audio version, and they may require you to provide the physical book for the conversion. These services can be quite expensive and may not always produce high-quality results, so it's essential to do thorough research before opting for this option.

It's worth mentioning that the process of converting a physical book to an audiobook is not straightforward, and it's not possible to directly transfer a printed book to an audiobook format without additional steps. Therefore, it's recommended to explore the options mentioned above to obtain the desired audiobook version of the book you want.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2023 6:28 PM in response to Niel

If you have purchased a physical book and would like to have it in audiobook format, there are a few options you can consider:

1. Check if an audiobook version is available: Look online or contact the publisher to see if there is an audiobook version of the book you purchased. Many popular books are released in both print and audiobook formats. If an audiobook version is available, you may be able to purchase it separately.
  2. Look for audiobook services or apps: Explore audiobook platforms such as Audible, Google Play Books, or Apple Books. These services offer a wide range of audiobooks for purchase or rental. Search for the title of the book you have and see if it is available as an audiobook on any of these platforms. Note that you may need to make a separate purchase for the audiobook.
  3. Consider audiobook conversion services: There are services available that can convert printed books into audiobooks. However, these services typically involve professional voice actors or text-to-speech technology to create the audio version, and they may require you to provide the physical book for the conversion. These services can be quite expensive and may not always produce high-quality results, so it's essential to do thorough research before opting for this option.

It's worth mentioning that the process of converting a physical book to an audiobook is not straightforward, and it's not possible to directly transfer a printed book to an audiobook format without additional steps. Therefore, it's recommended to explore the options mentioned above to obtain the desired audiobook version of the book you want.

I purchase the book instead of the audiobook can I get that changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.