Apple Pencil Second Generation

I have an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil 2nd generation. My pencil is always connected, charged, and used regularly. However, I have noticed when I want to use my pencil is was lagging and connecting and disconnecting frequently. I attacked it back to my ipad to check the percentage and it does not show. I went into my settings and it said it was disconnected, I connected it again and it disconnected not even after two minutes of using it. I checked its battery percentage and it was low. But when I placed it on my ipad to charge it was not charging and now it wont charge or connect to my ipad. I have no idea how to fix this issue.

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Let's try a few steps to see if we can resolve this issue.

First, let's ensure that your iPad Pro is updated to the latest iOS version. You can do this by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If there's an update available, please install it.

Next, let's try resetting the connection between your Apple Pencil and your iPad. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Apple Pencil under My Devices. Tap on the 'i' icon next to it and select Forget This Device. After this, restart your iPad by pressing and holding the power button until you see the slide to power off option. Once your iPad is back on, reconnect your Apple Pencil by plugging it into the Lightning connector on your iPad.

If your Apple Pencil is not charging, it might be an issue with the Pencil's rechargeable battery. In that case, your next step would be to contact Apple Support directly. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2023 8:30 AM in response to hannah.scott

Let's try a few steps to see if we can resolve this issue.

First, let's ensure that your iPad Pro is updated to the latest iOS version. You can do this by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If there's an update available, please install it.

Next, let's try resetting the connection between your Apple Pencil and your iPad. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Apple Pencil under My Devices. Tap on the 'i' icon next to it and select Forget This Device. After this, restart your iPad by pressing and holding the power button until you see the slide to power off option. Once your iPad is back on, reconnect your Apple Pencil by plugging it into the Lightning connector on your iPad.

If your Apple Pencil is not charging, it might be an issue with the Pencil's rechargeable battery. In that case, your next step would be to contact Apple Support directly. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

Apple Pencil Second Generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.