Burning soon to be released music to a CD, will it sync up?

based on this earlier asked forum question's answer;

"What happens when you insert the CD is that iTunes looks at the number of songs, their length, the length of silence between song and derives a number from it. It then asks the iTunes Store to find if a CD with this pattern exists. If it does the iTunes Store returns the cover art and all the metadata about the CD (Artist, album name, song names...).

For CDs you burned yourself you can't provide this information to iTunes just from the CD. Unless you find a label to release your CD to the masses and then Apple will add it to its list."

I'm releasing an EP on Friday but I would like to already burn the CD's. If I burn them now, and the music is released onto iTunes/Apple Music on Friday, will it still do this syncing?

Love,

Finya

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 4:53 PM

Finya,

I meant to add a link to the document for further explanation. Go to this document and read the section on "Send CD information to Gracenote":

If you don’t see songs in Music on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Jun 7, 2023 1:44 PM in response to finya32

Finya, Congratulations on your upcoming release! The following information is incorrect:

For CDs you burned yourself you can't provide this information to iTunes just from the CD. Unless you find a label to release your CD to the masses and then Apple will add it to its list."

You can do it yourself. Take a copy of the finished product CD. While the CD is still present in the drive, and the track information is correctly displayed in iTunes/Music, click on Submit CD Track Names. Give it a day or two to process in the centralized database, and then your CD will be recognized by iTunes/Music anywhere around the world.

Burning soon to be released music to a CD, will it sync up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.