3DS Max on M1 MacBook Pro

I have a 12 week uni course on 3D modelling with 3DS Max. I spent over 4K on my M1 MacBook Pro in 2021 and apparently can’t run this program. Is there a way I can get through the course? Don’t want to get a PC for 12 weeks…

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 1:03 PM

I was just looking at a renewed Windows laptop on Amazon for $125US. For a 12weeks course, that should be sufficient ... not to mention cheap. I'd consider it just a cost of the course.

You can likely recoup some of it cost by reselling it.

10 replies

Jun 7, 2023 6:57 PM in response to SandraSquid

SandraSquid Said:

"3DS Max on M1 Macbook: I have a 12 week uni course on 3D modelling with 3DS Max. I spent over 4K on my M1 MacBook Pro in 2021 and apparently can’t run this program. Is there a way I can get through the course? Don’t want to get a PC for 12 weeks…"

-------

Is this PC Software?

Using Windows-Only Software On a Mac:

Use a Virtual Machine:

You'd have to use a Virtual Machine for this. All would be accessed and would operate as desired on the VMVirtual Machine applications include VMWare Fusion and ParallelsLearn more here: What Is a Virtual Machine? - VMWare Support. Use Parallels for a Mac with a silicon processor: Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac System Requirements

Jun 7, 2023 8:32 PM in response to SandraSquid

SandraSquid Said:

"Yes PC software. I have installed parallels but stuck at purchasing windows 11 for 12 weeks! I asked someone who has helped a student install these but he could not guarantee the work as his was a 2019 MacBook. Apparently Autodesk does not support this workaround on M1, but wanted to check here as well."

-------

Contact Microsoft:

If you cannot successfully purchase Windows, then you need to contact Microsoft for assistance. Start Here:  Microsoft Contact Us Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support. Perform a chat session with Microsoft using a computer, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

3DS Max on M1 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.