Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

The battery of my iPhone 14 pro, bought just a couple of months ago, seems to have a very short life and charges slowly

Should I ask Apple to replace my battery? It worked ok at the beginning, even though it has always lasted one day and I expected a longer life for a brand new phone.

Can it depend on the apps I have installed or is my phone defected?

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 7:08 PM

Pilates_2018 Said:

"Should I ask Apple to replace my battery? It worked ok at the beginning, even though it has always lasted one day and I expected a longer life for a brand new phone. Can it depend on the apps I have installed or is my phone defected?"

-------

For reference...

Troubleshooting iPhone Charge:

Visit the following links for tips on troubleshooting this...

I. Try what is on this Link: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't Turn on or is Frozen - Apple Support

II. View the Battery Health:

Apple recommends you get a new battery, once the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery.

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: [the percentage]
  5. Is it 80% or less?  If so, it is time for a new battery.

III. Perform a Restart:

Try Force Restarting your iPhone. Save any information that need be. Then perform the restart.

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

IV. A Few Apple Support Sites that May Help:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2023 7:08 PM in response to Pilates_2018

Pilates_2018 Said:

"Should I ask Apple to replace my battery? It worked ok at the beginning, even though it has always lasted one day and I expected a longer life for a brand new phone. Can it depend on the apps I have installed or is my phone defected?"

-------

For reference...

Troubleshooting iPhone Charge:

Visit the following links for tips on troubleshooting this...

I. Try what is on this Link: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't Turn on or is Frozen - Apple Support

II. View the Battery Health:

Apple recommends you get a new battery, once the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery.

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: [the percentage]
  5. Is it 80% or less?  If so, it is time for a new battery.

III. Perform a Restart:

Try Force Restarting your iPhone. Save any information that need be. Then perform the restart.

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

IV. A Few Apple Support Sites that May Help:

The battery of my iPhone 14 pro, bought just a couple of months ago, seems to have a very short life and charges slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.