Liquid (beer) damage

A can of beer spilled onto my Mac Air keyboard. It is completely dead. Is it repairable and what might Apple Service charge with no Apple Care?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 5:37 AM

At a minimum, the keyboard is dead and will need to be replaced. At worse, the entire computer will need to be replaced since there is obviously damage to the keyboard and possibly damage to the logic board and or batteries.

Best bet, take it to an Apple Authorized Service Provider and have them inspect it and make the determination on what is needed then decide what you need to do.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2023 5:37 AM in response to jimvalenti

At a minimum, the keyboard is dead and will need to be replaced. At worse, the entire computer will need to be replaced since there is obviously damage to the keyboard and possibly damage to the logic board and or batteries.

Best bet, take it to an Apple Authorized Service Provider and have them inspect it and make the determination on what is needed then decide what you need to do.

Jun 8, 2023 8:00 AM in response to jimvalenti

jimvalenti wrote:

A can of beer spilled onto my Mac Air keyboard. It is completely dead. Is it repairable and what might Apple Service charge with no Apple Care?

Liquids and electronics do not go together well. Liquid damage is often extensive and ongoing due to corrosion. The computer needs to be inspected by an authorized service center. I think the odds are that the computer will not be repairable and you will need a new computer.

Liquid (beer) damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.