battery draining

my battery is draining fast (100% to 10% in 4 hrs). i have done all the standard tips and tricks. chatted w support and they say there is nothing wrong with the battery.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 9:51 AM

This is a new problem. I have an iPhone 13 Pro with IOS 16.5 recently installed. Battery drains from 100% to 22% within 3 hours--and like you, another hour the phone goes dead just sitting unplugged on the counter and connected to WiFi. Background apps refresh turned off. Everything else set to use WiFi only. Notifications all off. Mail notifications are on. Everything else is shut off. Battery health maximum capacity shows 95% so the battery seems to be relatively healthy. There seems to be a bug in the update if all else is unchanged.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2023 9:51 AM in response to kdstone

This is a new problem. I have an iPhone 13 Pro with IOS 16.5 recently installed. Battery drains from 100% to 22% within 3 hours--and like you, another hour the phone goes dead just sitting unplugged on the counter and connected to WiFi. Background apps refresh turned off. Everything else set to use WiFi only. Notifications all off. Mail notifications are on. Everything else is shut off. Battery health maximum capacity shows 95% so the battery seems to be relatively healthy. There seems to be a bug in the update if all else is unchanged.

battery draining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.