Turned off iCloud and everything gone

I know I sound stupid but I'm lost. I turned off iCloud and everything is gone from my Mac book Air 2020 M1. I logged into iCloud (which I hate and don't use and its saying it's full etc. I only want to save things to my MBA)

It seems like everything is there but how do i get it back onto my Mac book air? It won't let me download any of my files. I would like to download everything and turn off iCloud. How do i do this?

Running Ventura 13.2.1

Many thanks

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 9:32 PM

You had signed out Apple ID from Mac book air If you sign out of your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple Support , once again sign in with same Apple ID and password with account credentials from Mac system preferences Sign in or out of your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

The iCloud storage has to be upgraded from your existing storage plan Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

When space is created in iCloud the files , iCloud data will start syncing , the Mac should be connected to power and high network speed is essential Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Note : when you again sign in with Apple ID make all inbuilt features like notes , mail , photos , calendar ... including safari , keychain , desktops and documents , iCloud Drive should be turned as on .

Further check your iCloud storage plan Check your iCloud plan on iCloud.com - Apple Support , and storage Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support

From Mac Check your iCloud storage on any device - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2023 9:32 PM in response to john1245the

You had signed out Apple ID from Mac book air If you sign out of your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple Support , once again sign in with same Apple ID and password with account credentials from Mac system preferences Sign in or out of your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

The iCloud storage has to be upgraded from your existing storage plan Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

When space is created in iCloud the files , iCloud data will start syncing , the Mac should be connected to power and high network speed is essential Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Note : when you again sign in with Apple ID make all inbuilt features like notes , mail , photos , calendar ... including safari , keychain , desktops and documents , iCloud Drive should be turned as on .

Further check your iCloud storage plan Check your iCloud plan on iCloud.com - Apple Support , and storage Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support

From Mac Check your iCloud storage on any device - Apple Support

Turned off iCloud and everything gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.