Safari app doesn’t show on iPhone? In the App Store it says OPEN which works but there’s no icon

The Safari icon has dropped off my iPhone 12 Pro. My software is up to date. When I go to the App Store, I click on the “Open” link which works. But still the icon doesn’t appear on the phone. Can you tell me how to get it to show up? Thanks.

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 8:22 PM

CRinCA Said:

"Safari app doesn’t show on iPhone? In the App Store it says OPEN which works but there’s no icon: [...]I used the search bar to go to a familiar website. Worked just fine. But when I closed the App, its icon again disappeared. So weird…. Might you have any other ideas? I really appreciate your thinking about this."

-------

Troubleshooting a Disappeared App:

Two methods...

A. Drag it Back:

Swipe your finger in from the right. Then, drag it back over.

No Success?...

B. Reset the Home Screen Layout:

If a widget or app has gone mossing somehow, then you need to reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and organize apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2023 8:22 PM in response to CRinCA

CRinCA Said:

"Safari app doesn’t show on iPhone? In the App Store it says OPEN which works but there’s no icon: [...]I used the search bar to go to a familiar website. Worked just fine. But when I closed the App, its icon again disappeared. So weird…. Might you have any other ideas? I really appreciate your thinking about this."

-------

Troubleshooting a Disappeared App:

Two methods...

A. Drag it Back:

Swipe your finger in from the right. Then, drag it back over.

No Success?...

B. Reset the Home Screen Layout:

If a widget or app has gone mossing somehow, then you need to reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and organize apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back

Jun 8, 2023 7:52 PM in response to CRinCA

CRinCA Said:

"Safari app doesn’t show on iPhone? In the App Store it says OPEN which works but there’s no icon: The Safari icon has dropped off my iPhone 12 Pro. My software is up to date. When I go to the App Store, I click on the “Open” link which works. But still the icon doesn’t appear on the phone. Can you tell me how to get it to show up? Thanks. "

-------

Getting Access to Safari:

See fi it is Disabled in Screen Time. If so, then you need to enable it.

2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Enter: Keycode
  5. Tap: Allowed Apps
  6. Tap: Safari (So it is Green-Colored)

B. Restart iPhone:

Go Here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Jun 8, 2023 8:17 PM in response to TheLittles

Well darn, neither of those worked. I didn’t have screen time turned on so that wasn’t causing the problem. I restarted, went to the App Store again, clicked on OPEN. I used the search bar to go to a familiar website. Worked just fine. But when I closed the App, it’s icon again disappeared. So weird…. Might you have any other ideas? I really appreciate your thinking about this.

Safari app doesn’t show on iPhone? In the App Store it says OPEN which works but there’s no icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.