Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Restore Apple iPOD, iPhone on macOS Monterey without iTunes

After months of research and no possible solution in sight over installing iTunes on macOS Monterey, I found a workaround.

In my case my daughter disabled the iPod touch after many login attempts and there was no way to reset it, restore it or upgrade it, without iTunes, and find my was not working anyway.

So I did the reset procedure which was holding the home button and sleep/wake button, while the iPod was connected to the Mac, once it completed the restart an iPOD icon showed up on the finder, once clicked there is the restore and update options and it worked.

iPod touch

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 2:03 AM

1 reply

Jun 9, 2023 1:45 PM in response to nsilu

That is correct. If your Mac is using macOS Catalina or later, you can use the Finder on your Mac to sync content between your Mac and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The experience is similar to using iTunes to sync in earlier versions of macOS. For more info, see:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore Apple iPOD, iPhone on macOS Monterey without iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.