personal memojis gone after 16.5 update

Since the last update on my 14pro I have lost my personal Memoji it has completely vanished

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 4:46 PM

I shouldn’t have to setup my Memoji again because it shouldn’t have been deleted by apple to start with, also under favourites it shows Memojis I have never used , I can’t be the only one this has happened to.

4 replies

Jun 10, 2023 1:58 PM in response to Unicornrodeo

Hey there Unicornrodeo,

We understand your Memoji has disappeared after a recent update. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this. First, you can just setup a Memoji again:

"Create your own Memoji

You can design your own personalized Memoji—choose skin tone, headwear, glasses, and more. You can create multiple Memoji for different moods.

The Memoji screen, showing the character being created at the top, features to customize below the character, then below that, options for the selected feature. The Done button is at the top right and the Cancel button is at the top left.

1. In a conversation, tap the Memoji Stickers button, then tap the New Memoji button.

2. Tap each feature and choose the options you want. As you add features to your Memoji, your character comes to life.

3. Tap Done to add the Memoji to your collection.

To edit, duplicate, or delete a Memoji, tap the Memoji Stickers button, tap the Memoji, then
tap the More button."

And that is from here: Use Memoji in Messages on iPhone - Apple Support

Otherwise, check to see if you have a backup available from prior to them disappearing:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Be aware when you restore a backup, it will erase what is currently on your iPhone, so you may want to make a current backup just in case you want to revert back: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Kind regards.

personal memojis gone after 16.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.