Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Where has “recently played” in Apple Music gone? It’s not in playlists. It isn’t anywhere. Where can I access it? Thanks

From a closed thread that was never answered.

Where has “recently played” in Apple Music gone? 

It’s not in playlists. It isn’t anywhere. Where can I access it? Thanks

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 2:23 PM

Awkward... But THANKS!

I knew that this "list" was there anytime music was playing. But was hoping for it to show as a Playlist in my (wait for it...) actual list of 'Playlists'.

Thanks again.

7 replies

Dec 30, 2023 5:52 PM in response to MrCuppaCoffee

I have found the recently played appearing under'Listen Now' but it displays as what showing playlists I've played (I may not have played all songs in that playlist just a few). I want to see the list of the actual individual songs played? Where has that gone? Perhaps what has been posted by supercondr works if you don't use playlists at all (don't know)?

When I click on the three dots - playing next is there but only with the random and repeat symbols. No amount of scrolling reveals any history?

Jun 9, 2023 10:38 AM in response to MrCuppaCoffee

Bring up Music app on iPad, then tap the library, once there, tap the recently added.

Tap on any song to play.

Once the song starts look at bottom of what’s playing and look to the bottom right of that screen. You should see from left to right three icons.

The two quotes in a square box that’s for viewing lyrics.

Then next to it the airdrop symbol.

Then the one your looking for; three dots with lines.

Tap that icon and you should see what’s playing next.

Then scroll down and the history songs list is shown.

Best of Days to you

Dec 30, 2023 6:15 PM in response to rayver

I turned off syncing and turned it back on and now I have the recently played info when I scroll back.

One problem is that only the songs I've played directly from the iphone are listed, not others played through my mac etc. Shouldn't my library be in sync with itself on all devices?

I have a smart playlist - not heard recently, which has a criteria that includes last played. Its not working properly as it seems to me, mac last played and ios last played don't seem to be aligned.

This is impacting on so called 'smart devices' who play the playlist but cant remember where they are up to, as everytime I ask it to play it starts at the same spot so the smart playlist isn't updating the last played info when it plays (except if I run it from the iphone).

Any ideas?

Dec 30, 2023 6:27 PM in response to rayver

I've now realised that I can see the song playing on my mac and smart devices is showing on the iphone whilst it is playing. It's there where when I click on the three dots there is no history or up next.

The history of what I've played directly on the iphone is on the iphone .

Weird that the library is talking to devices by showing what's playing - yet not updating the history at the same time?

Where has “recently played” in Apple Music gone? It’s not in playlists. It isn’t anywhere. Where can I access it? Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.