Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I can't get imessages on my iphone, but I'm getting them on my macbook. How can I fix this?

I am getting imessages on my macbook but not my iphone. How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 9:52 AM

Hi there,

Try this steps to see if you can send and get iMessages from your phone afterwards

• Try to restart your iPhone or iPad.
  • Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need cellular network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.
  • Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  • If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If you don't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, then your carrier might not support this feature.
  • Make sure that your device has enough space to receive images and videos.
  • Make sure that you entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2023 9:52 AM in response to RH1066

Hi there,

Try this steps to see if you can send and get iMessages from your phone afterwards

• Try to restart your iPhone or iPad.
  • Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need cellular network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.
  • Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  • If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If you don't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, then your carrier might not support this feature.
  • Make sure that your device has enough space to receive images and videos.
  • Make sure that you entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.

I can't get imessages on my iphone, but I'm getting them on my macbook. How can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.