FCPX is backing up too often. Can I control how often?

FCPX is backing up too often. And each time it's jamming the work flow. Is there somewhere in settings or elsewhere I can spread out the backups? I can't see anything in Settings.

Just wondering.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 11:47 AM

10 replies

Jun 9, 2023 2:18 PM in response to terryb

Thank you gang. It's just good to know. I think the reason it's driving me nuts is that I'm pulling material from a little palm sized drive, probably running at 5600 rpm. And slooooowwwww.

Normally I'm working with SSD RAID setup. Spoiled I am.

I'm not going to worry about it then, just put up with it. And appreciate even more the RAID when I'm back on it.

Very much appreciated, Ben

Jun 10, 2023 2:42 PM in response to Ian R. Brown

Hey Ian,

I discovered an interesting function about scrolling in FCPX. By accident. I had to switch from a particular Apple mouse with the little tiny ball on top (which allowed scrolling in both directions) to a Logitec mouse that keeps my wrist vertical (carpal tunnel issues) but has a scroll wheel that's useless for left and right on the timeline. After growling and grunting for months, having to pull the grey bar at the bottom left or right ... I discovered that holding down the SHIFT key allowed me to scroll left and right with the scroll wheel on the Logitec. And the wheel will normally (without the SHIFT key) scroll up and down. So both directions are covered without effort, or carpal tunnelling.

Love that SHIFT key.

And will check out Command Post...

Jun 10, 2023 6:57 PM in response to Ian R. Brown

Ha ha ha. There is a new app logo floating up in the top of the menu bar. It's open all the time. I'd forgotten that I installed it for a few weeks ago, something to do with FCP I'm pretty sure. I just noticed that it's CommandPost. Duh! Whatever I'd installed it for, it worked, but then I forgot what it was. I'll now for sure have to follow through and do some research.

FCPX is backing up too often. Can I control how often?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.