So cant i use cellular data for the backup

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2024 1:07 PM

I have 5g and an iPhone 15. The only time it backs up is if I am connected to WiFi or if I manually go in ind select back up now when not connected to WiFi. It never backs up automatically with just cellular. I am not sure if others with this problem are in the same boat as I am.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2024 1:07 PM in response to N2K

I have 5g and an iPhone 15. The only time it backs up is if I am connected to WiFi or if I manually go in ind select back up now when not connected to WiFi. It never backs up automatically with just cellular. I am not sure if others with this problem are in the same boat as I am.

Jun 9, 2023 8:49 PM in response to ebenezer223

Yes, you can use cellular data for iCloud backup. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Tap on your name, then tap on iCloud.
  3. Tap on iCloud Backup.
  4. Make sure that the Back Up Over Cellular switch is turned on.

Once this is enabled, your iPhone or iPad will back up to iCloud using your cellular data when it is connected to power and locked. However, it's important to note that backing up over cellular data can use a significant amount of data, so you may want to consider using Wi-Fi whenever possible.

What does iCloud back up? - Apple

I hope this helps!

Jun 9, 2023 8:47 PM in response to ebenezer223

enezer223 Said:

"So cant i use cellular data for the backup"

-------

Backing Up an iPhone Using Cellular:

You need to have 5G services, and an applicable model to perform this.  Important: Know that this may cause you

to exceed your cellular data plan.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: [your name] (the top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: iCloud Backup
  5. Tap: Backup Over Cellular (so that it is green)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.