Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

I accidentally deleted some pictures on my iPad how do I get them

I accidentally deleted my photos how to get them

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 2:41 AM

Photos, when deleted, are initially moved to the Photos Recently Deleted folder - from which your deleted photos can be recovered.

With the Photos App open, ensure that the Photos sidebar is visible. If necessary, tap the blue sidebar button at top-left of the Photo App windows - to show or hide the sidebar.

Within the sidebar, you’ll see the Recently Deleted folder.

If you have deleted your photos from this folder, unless you have a backup elsewhere, photos are now gone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2023 2:41 AM in response to Foxhound—

Photos, when deleted, are initially moved to the Photos Recently Deleted folder - from which your deleted photos can be recovered.

With the Photos App open, ensure that the Photos sidebar is visible. If necessary, tap the blue sidebar button at top-left of the Photo App windows - to show or hide the sidebar.

Within the sidebar, you’ll see the Recently Deleted folder.

If you have deleted your photos from this folder, unless you have a backup elsewhere, photos are now gone.

I accidentally deleted some pictures on my iPad how do I get them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.