Apple has locked my account

My new iPhone 13 mini has been gone for over two weeks. It was stolen on a Sunday. I noticed within minutes. I jumped into gear and went to Track my phone. With all the excitement, I entered my Apple ID password incorrectly multiple times. I then called support immediately. They asked a few questions and notified me it would have to go through the recovery phase and would take at least 28 days to verify me. Yes 28! Two days later I contacted them with some other requested info I was able to remember. Once providing that information the time decreased to only 3 more days. I was told I would be contacted via my email. This made no sense. They locked my email, I had NO access. On the third day. Nothing! On the fourth, I made contact again. Explained they could not send me info at my locked email. They advised I provide them with a trusted number of another iPhone user and something would be sent to them on 48 hours. That day has come and gone. Had I been able to get into my account, I could possibly have my phone. Now, who knows where it is or if it is destroyed or not. By locking my account, they did not protect me at all. It has only caused me a great deal of disgust! In two days my phone bill and payment for my device is due. I’m expected to still pay over $100, for something I don’t have. I know I should have purchased the insurance, I did not, lesson learned. I only had the phone a month and have a 2 pr 3 year contract! Please advise! No one at Apple can help me apparently!

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 10:15 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 12, 2023 10:43 AM in response to JMcKee1976

Uhh, I am sorry for you.

If Apple Support can't help, then I don't know what to do.

Have you reported your stolen iPhone 13 mini to the local police and filed a claim with your insurance (no, not Apple Care, but your own insurance) ?

You have the iPhone 13 mini invoice.

See also -> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device

Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device – Apple Support (UK)

Apple has locked my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.