Phone notifications have disappeared

When I am talking on the phone and I had an incoming call, the phone used to beep and I would get a full screen notification with the caller and a choice to accept, hang up, or hold.

lately all I get is a beeping when I’m on a call. No screen info at all. iPhone 12 with iOS 16.2

i have turned on notification for calls in settings. Don’t know how to fix this.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 2:57 PM

Hello georgefromnew bern,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We're happy to look into this with you.

We can understand wanting to know who is calling when you're already speaking with someone. Thanks for letting us know that you've double checked your Notification settings. We see that you haven't updated to the most current iOS version, 16.5. Since this action can help with many issues, we recommend backing up your device, and installing the update.

1. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Once the update is installed, test your iPhone, and see if the issue has been resolved.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2023 2:57 PM in response to georgefromnew bern

Hello georgefromnew bern,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We're happy to look into this with you.

We can understand wanting to know who is calling when you're already speaking with someone. Thanks for letting us know that you've double checked your Notification settings. We see that you haven't updated to the most current iOS version, 16.5. Since this action can help with many issues, we recommend backing up your device, and installing the update.

1. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Once the update is installed, test your iPhone, and see if the issue has been resolved.

Best regards.

Phone notifications have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.