Using family share find my iPhone between countries

Hi. I share location with my kids phones and when they were in Spain I could check their location from the Uk. One of my kids is in Seoul at the moment but the last location given by Apple is the Uk airport before she left. How can I use the find my iPhone app now? She is still sharing her location. Thank you

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 4:05 PM

We appreciate you keeping us updated Wander_23,

Upon further review, it appears that particular Find My feature is not available in their current country: "The Find My network isn't supported in South Korea and might be unavailable in other regions due to local laws. In South Korea, you can play a sound on your device, mark it as lost, or erase it, but you won't be able to find your device on a map."

You can read more about that at: If Find My is offline or not working - Apple Support

If the same thing occurs when they visit another country, let us know and we'd be happy to take a deeper look.

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2023 4:05 PM in response to Wander_23

We appreciate you keeping us updated Wander_23,

Upon further review, it appears that particular Find My feature is not available in their current country: "The Find My network isn't supported in South Korea and might be unavailable in other regions due to local laws. In South Korea, you can play a sound on your device, mark it as lost, or erase it, but you won't be able to find your device on a map."

You can read more about that at: If Find My is offline or not working - Apple Support

If the same thing occurs when they visit another country, let us know and we'd be happy to take a deeper look.

Cheers!

Jun 11, 2023 3:19 PM in response to Wander_23

Hi Wander_23,

We want to help with location sharing.

Devices can share their location if they're connected to the internet. When your daughter's iPhone connects with Apple's servers again, it will share its location.

There's no further action for either for you to take. If the device isn't connected to the internet, it can't send its location.

Here's info on sharing location:

Find people and share your location with Find My

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Jun 11, 2023 3:29 PM in response to Rigo_O86

Thank you. She is connected to the internet. I was doing a video call with her and she also checked if she could see my location and she couldn’t. In her phone it says she is still at Heathrow airport. It’s not refreshing since last Thursday. She has a brand new iPhone 14 pro. I have an iPhone 11. We could share location without problems in the Uk. Not sure what’s happening.

Using family share find my iPhone between countries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.