how do you get the card number for your Apple Card?

How do you get the number for your Apple Card?

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 12:29 PM

To obtain the “legacy-style” 16-digit number (for sites which don’t provide for using the preferred and MUCH more secure ApplePay as a payment option) …

in Wallet, select your AppleCard and click on the “123” … your “Virtual Card Number” expiry, and CVV will be displayed.

Hint: On this same page you can turn “on” Advanced Fraud protection to better defend your virtual card # against fraud.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2023 12:29 PM in response to CINDva46

To obtain the “legacy-style” 16-digit number (for sites which don’t provide for using the preferred and MUCH more secure ApplePay as a payment option) …

in Wallet, select your AppleCard and click on the “123” … your “Virtual Card Number” expiry, and CVV will be displayed.

Hint: On this same page you can turn “on” Advanced Fraud protection to better defend your virtual card # against fraud.

Jan 30, 2024 11:06 AM in response to NSH35

Sorry, you posted in the Apple Card Community and I assumed the obvious. Sorry again. Banks do not share that information with Apple. This is considered a security feature in case your iPhone is lost or compromised.

The full card number is on the back of your credit card and some bank/credit card apps provide that information. It may also be available online at the banks website.

Jan 31, 2024 3:46 AM in response to NSH35

That’s OK, no worries. The number you're looking for is what is referred to in your screenshot as the Apple Pay Number. The number is specific to the device the card is stored on. An iPad, Apple Watch and iPhone with th same card information entered would all have a unique Apple Pay Number (sometimes referred to as Device Number). The entire number is encrypted and only the last 4 digits are shown decrypted. Only your bank has the key to decrypt the entire number. The key is not stored on Apple servers or any of your devices.

The last 4 numbers are to be used to facilitate refunds and returns of purchases at the store. The merchant does not have the decrypted number.

Jan 30, 2024 3:28 AM in response to Chattanoogan

I tried this and it doesn't work for me: all I see is the last four digits of the physical and virtual card numbers. In order to register the card for discounted travel on Swedish public transport, it is necessary to input the full card number, expiry date and CVV to their website. How do I get this information, please? I'm in the UK and running iOS 17.2.1 on an iPhone 14.

Jan 30, 2024 10:27 AM in response to NSH35

That picture looks like what I see if I try to see the card number for one of my other cards (in this case, my debit card). Are you actually talking about an Apple Card, the Apple-branded card from Goldman Sachs? I suspect you are not as you mentioned that you are in Sweden and the card is only issued to U.S. citizens/permanent residents.

Jan 31, 2024 12:41 AM in response to Jeff Donald

Apologies - I found this particular thread in a Google search and didn't realise that "Apple Card" was a specific thing as it doesn't exist in the UK. But the number on my physical card (which of course I can easily obtain) doesn't help as that isn't the number that's used when I pay with the Apple Wallet. I'll see if there is a more relevant thread to repost to.

how do you get the card number for your Apple Card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.