Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

My child’s birthdate is wrong. How do I change it?

I entered my child’s birthdate wrong. How do I fix it?

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 1:42 PM

Change a birth date for a child

To change a birth date to any age below 13,* you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. After you change a birth date to any age below 13, you can't edit it.* Learn more about Family Sharing

1. Update the birth date.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer.
  3. Your family organizer will get an email with instructions to approve the request. 

*Age varies by country or region. If you need to change the birth date for a child, contact Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2023 1:42 PM in response to Anewlin

Change a birth date for a child

To change a birth date to any age below 13,* you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. After you change a birth date to any age below 13, you can't edit it.* Learn more about Family Sharing

1. Update the birth date.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer.
  3. Your family organizer will get an email with instructions to approve the request. 

*Age varies by country or region. If you need to change the birth date for a child, contact Apple Support

Axel F.

My child’s birthdate is wrong. How do I change it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.