After I backup my iphone, how can I utilize that backup?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 2:46 PM

You can use the backup to do a full restore -- see: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

or to set up a new device: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You cannot view the data at iCloud.com like you can with synced data (e.g., iCloud Photos Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support , iCloud Contacts Set up iCloud for Contacts on all your devices - Apple Support , etc.).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2023 2:46 PM in response to DADCAB

You can use the backup to do a full restore -- see: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

or to set up a new device: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You cannot view the data at iCloud.com like you can with synced data (e.g., iCloud Photos Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support , iCloud Contacts Set up iCloud for Contacts on all your devices - Apple Support , etc.).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.