Apple watch Runner Tracking

Can my friends track my watch location if I leave my phone on and at home? (cell plan, series 8). Currently the only thing they see is my phone if I leave it at home and go out for a run. I want them to see my watch too.

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 5:25 PM

When Share My Location is turned on, you can share your location with friends, family, and contacts from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Find My. You can also share your location in the Find People app on watchOS 6 or later with Apple Watch models that have GPS and cellular and are paired with your iPhone.

To change the device that you're sharing your location from, open Find My on the device from which you want to share. Select the Me tab, then choose Use this [device] as My Location.

For more info, see:

Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2023 5:25 PM in response to Running_DogMom

When Share My Location is turned on, you can share your location with friends, family, and contacts from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Find My. You can also share your location in the Find People app on watchOS 6 or later with Apple Watch models that have GPS and cellular and are paired with your iPhone.

To change the device that you're sharing your location from, open Find My on the device from which you want to share. Select the Me tab, then choose Use this [device] as My Location.

For more info, see:

Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

Apple watch Runner Tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.