Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iPhone 12 ear speaker not working.

Hello! Just like the majority, I'm dealing with this problem. I can't hear any voices or sounds on the ear speaker of my iPhone 12, unless I switch it to its speaker (the bottom speaker). It frustrates me since last night, especially that I am not expecting that I will be having this nightmare. I contacted and get in touch with the agents using the Apple Support App and they all gave the same instructions which may help me solve the problem. In the end, everything that they gave to me doesn't work. I only have the last option which is to schedule an appointment to the Apple's Authorized store here in the Philippines, and I hope I would not pay a high amount of money/ charge.

To emphasize my last sentence (on the first paragraph), I visited the Apple's website last night. And there it states that, if the iPhone 12 or 12 Pro (not 12 mini or 12 pro max) ear speaker does not emit sound, it may be eligible for service. They will provide eligible service to these devices "FREE OF CHARGE".

Please, help me to solve this nightmare. I'm using my iPhone 12 for almost two years (road to three years). I don't even know if is it a hardware or a software issue.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 6:48 AM

6 replies

iPhone 12 ear speaker not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.