How to trade in my old iPad?

I requested an Apple trade in when purchasing an iPad. However I just received the iPad and did not get the information to trade in my old product.

what can I do to contact to request a trade in for my old product?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 6:38 AM

To clarify, if you elected to trade-in your existing device during the online purchase, the shipping kit required to return your existing device will be sent separately.

The shipping kit, to return the trade-in, will be timed to arrive soon after (within days) of receiving the new device. This is done such that you will have time and opportunity to transfer, should you choose to do so, all data from your old to new device.

When the transfer has been successfully completed, you can prepare the old device for return to Apple’s trade-in partner. You must prepare the old device as follows

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Ensure that you follow the return instructions precisely. The shipping kit will include:

• return packaging/shipping container
  • a return (shipping paid) return label 
  • instruction leaflet

These items will likely be sent to you in a plastic shipping envelope; be sure to check that all items are accounted for before discarding the outer wrapping.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2023 6:38 AM in response to Maihanh

To clarify, if you elected to trade-in your existing device during the online purchase, the shipping kit required to return your existing device will be sent separately.

The shipping kit, to return the trade-in, will be timed to arrive soon after (within days) of receiving the new device. This is done such that you will have time and opportunity to transfer, should you choose to do so, all data from your old to new device.

When the transfer has been successfully completed, you can prepare the old device for return to Apple’s trade-in partner. You must prepare the old device as follows

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Ensure that you follow the return instructions precisely. The shipping kit will include:

• return packaging/shipping container
  • a return (shipping paid) return label 
  • instruction leaflet

These items will likely be sent to you in a plastic shipping envelope; be sure to check that all items are accounted for before discarding the outer wrapping.

How to trade in my old iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.