Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Can two people have to types of Software on two accounts but one device?

Can two accounts on one 2019 13.3” Retina MacBook Air have one account running macOS 13.5 Ventura, and the other account running macOS 14 Sonoma, if you have any answers please let me know.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 4:02 AM

OverpricedMacBookPro wrote:

Can two accounts on one 2019 13.3” Retina MacBook Air have one account running macOS 13.5 Ventura, and the other account running macOS 14 Sonoma, if you have any answers please let me know.

The user would have to had Signed Up for Beta Testing

Just how this is going to work using an added Volume via Disk Utilities - It do not know

Perhaps a more knowledgeable Contributor(s) may weigh in on that aspect .

Not doubt there could be some EFI Boot ROMs involved in macOS 14 Sonoma that could affect the Entire Computer and Drive

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2023 4:02 AM in response to OverpricedMacBookPro

OverpricedMacBookPro wrote:

The user would have to had Signed Up for Beta Testing

Just how this is going to work using an added Volume via Disk Utilities - It do not know

Perhaps a more knowledgeable Contributor(s) may weigh in on that aspect .

Not doubt there could be some EFI Boot ROMs involved in macOS 14 Sonoma that could affect the Entire Computer and Drive

Can two people have to types of Software on two accounts but one device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.