The sound of my airpods is unbalanced

The left airpod emits a louder sound compared to the right one. I have checked for debris or any other physical obstructions inside the airpod and there seems to be none. I have also gone to the Audio/Visual section in settings and checked the balance between the two airpods and they seem to be in the middle, where they're supposed to be. This persists on both my Macbook and iPhone. This issue has occurred once before but it had resolved itself. Please help me out

AirPods (3rd generation)

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 9:35 AM

As you said you looked for debris and there weren't any visible, I would assume that that's probably software related. Thus, normally a physical issue would not "fix" itself occasionally. I would recommend resetting your AirPods completely, so restoring them to factory settings and reconnecting them as a new device. You can do that like this:

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

I hope this helps! Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2023 9:35 AM in response to ansshanand_

As you said you looked for debris and there weren't any visible, I would assume that that's probably software related. Thus, normally a physical issue would not "fix" itself occasionally. I would recommend resetting your AirPods completely, so restoring them to factory settings and reconnecting them as a new device. You can do that like this:

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

I hope this helps! Good luck!

The sound of my airpods is unbalanced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.