ud family plan

I have a paid iCloud plan. My wife just invited me to a family plan. Can I simply accept her invitation or is there something I need to do to ensure that I don't lose any of my data? Can I cancel my personal plan once I'm on the family plan?

iPhone 14

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 1:12 PM

Read this article about sharing iCloud with your family --> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

"If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time."

So for you it should be relatively seamless.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2023 1:12 PM in response to hockey100

Read this article about sharing iCloud with your family --> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

"If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time."

So for you it should be relatively seamless.

ud family plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.