4 Digit Passcode

With this new update I just changed my passcode to 6 digits. I would like to go back to 4 but the option for 4 isn’t there anymore.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2024 2:54 PM

I just solved this. I had the same issue but I noticed it started when I added my work Microsoft profile to my phone ( I had to download Intune) I tried uninstalling the applications but this did not help. Here is how I solved it months later:

Go to settings >> general >> VPN and device management >> delete whatever device manager you find there if it is no longer important to you or your work.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2024 2:54 PM in response to Goldy789

I just solved this. I had the same issue but I noticed it started when I added my work Microsoft profile to my phone ( I had to download Intune) I tried uninstalling the applications but this did not help. Here is how I solved it months later:

Go to settings >> general >> VPN and device management >> delete whatever device manager you find there if it is no longer important to you or your work.

Jun 12, 2023 6:27 PM in response to TAB0808

I'm running iOS 16.5

Not sure what else to suggest. I can turn off the passcode easily as per the instructions above.

When I go back in to turn on a passcode, the Passcode Options button appears.

Tapping Passcode Options opens the next screen with options to use......

Custom Alphanumeric Code

Custom Numeric Code

4-Digit Numeric Code

4 Digit Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.