Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Stolen Phone without Passcode

My phone was stolen, It has no passcode. The thief now can easily access my information. Find My isn't updating, I marked the Phone as Lost but probably they will not connect the device to internet so Lost mode will not be enable. What else can I do to prevent the thief from checking my information,photos etc.? If I remove the device from Apple ID, even if the phone is offline will that work?

iPhone 13, 16

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 4:20 PM

Unfortunately, you have to assume that the bad guys now have any personal info that was on your phone including credit card info, banking info, etc.

To be safe, you would want to contact any financial institution that you might have used to alert them and possibly close your account(s).

Change your Apple ID password immediately. Hopefully, the bad guys have not done this, but they certainly could, which would lock you out of your iCloud account and other devices using the same Apple ID.

If I remove the device from Apple ID, even if the phone is offline will that work?

No, not if the phone is offline.

You probably already have this.......If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2023 4:20 PM in response to Aktugba

Unfortunately, you have to assume that the bad guys now have any personal info that was on your phone including credit card info, banking info, etc.

To be safe, you would want to contact any financial institution that you might have used to alert them and possibly close your account(s).

Change your Apple ID password immediately. Hopefully, the bad guys have not done this, but they certainly could, which would lock you out of your iCloud account and other devices using the same Apple ID.

If I remove the device from Apple ID, even if the phone is offline will that work?

No, not if the phone is offline.

You probably already have this.......If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Good luck.

Stolen Phone without Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.