Editing macOS World Clock Widget

I have the World Clock widget as a part of my notification center. For personal reasons I decided today to edit which time zones appear of the four. I clicked on the widget and, instead of flipping like I remember, I got the Clock app. So I went back and right-clicked the widget and chose "Edit 'Clock'". Nothing happened. So I edited all widgets, and clicked this one. Nothing.

I searched support topics and found that I was doing what support suggested to edit that widget. I tried again following the steps outlined there and nothing happened.

The support article suggested I could add multiple copies of the widget so I figured I'd do that in the meantime. But when I try to add another clock widget, it won't let me. It looks like it's one clock widget only.

Can someone please point me to an article or steps on how to edit which clocks show in the widget, please? And if I can add a second, I'd like to do that too.

I'm running 13.4 and there are no system updates available. I did restart once to see if that would kick anything loose, and it didn't.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 7:13 PM

It sounds like you are doing what should work. Right clicking on the World Clock widget should flip it around so you can set which cities you want. And you should be able to add more than one instance.

Try booting into Safe Mode then restart normally. Sometimes that will fix anomalies.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2023 7:13 PM in response to ZoeMacUser

It sounds like you are doing what should work. Right clicking on the World Clock widget should flip it around so you can set which cities you want. And you should be able to add more than one instance.

Try booting into Safe Mode then restart normally. Sometimes that will fix anomalies.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Editing macOS World Clock Widget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.