Airplane Mode

Airplane mode keeps turning off. This has happened twice now. Had to pay for the fees. How can I stop airplane mode from automatically turning off. I know most of you would say that airplane mode doesn’t turn off automatically but IT DID. Please help

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 12:32 AM

If you feel an unauthorized person/app is remotely using, controlling or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't plug in your device in Airports and Public places through third-party cables and trust the device. Beware of Juice Jacking. (Especially in India)
  7. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls, etc.

If one of the above is true then quickly change the Apple ID Password and Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 12:32 AM in response to GamerPro1234

If you feel an unauthorized person/app is remotely using, controlling or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't plug in your device in Airports and Public places through third-party cables and trust the device. Beware of Juice Jacking. (Especially in India)
  7. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls, etc.

If one of the above is true then quickly change the Apple ID Password and Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

Nov 18, 2023 8:36 PM in response to GamerPro1234

I had phone on airplane mode in Dubai due to excessive Usage charge fees. During the night, ( early morning of 19/11/23), my iPhone 13 whilst on charge, Apple updated the phone automatically and took it off Airplane mode, causing me excessive charges to be incurred! I’m very annoyed and want Apple to compensate this to me. As no one authorised them to automatically take it off airplane mode.

Airplane Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.