Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to pull runs off of watch without phone

I got a new iPhone and sold my old phone before pairing my watch to my new phone. I have 3 weeks of activities on my watch that I want to download. Is this possible using Wifi? Or do I really need to erase/reset my watch, then pair it with my new iphone, and then start tracking activities again. I REALLY don't want to lose my recent activities. Thanks!

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 7:21 AM

Set up your new iphone as normal and look in Fitness app and see if they got there via iCloud. If your old phone was functional when you did the workouts they should be in iCloud and therefore in Fitness, unless you blocked iCloud sync intentionally. Give it a day for the data to sync.

If they are there in Firtness then you should be OK, but as you suispected there is no other way to pair or get the data off the Watch other than erase the Watch and pair to the new phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 7:21 AM in response to johnisk

Set up your new iphone as normal and look in Fitness app and see if they got there via iCloud. If your old phone was functional when you did the workouts they should be in iCloud and therefore in Fitness, unless you blocked iCloud sync intentionally. Give it a day for the data to sync.

If they are there in Firtness then you should be OK, but as you suispected there is no other way to pair or get the data off the Watch other than erase the Watch and pair to the new phone.

How to pull runs off of watch without phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.