I added a family member to my apple family plan how do I discontinue their apple plans

I recently signed up for the Apple One plans, so that we all weren't paying for Music, storage, etc. Well, even after my family all joined the family plan, they still have been enrolled and get billed for things. One is playing for Apple Music and another one is still paying for extra storage.

How can I make sure that we can get this turned off on their Apple IDs?

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 12:33 PM

Firstly, you should ensure that they have access to the subscriptions/purchases you have shared with them. On their iPhones, go to Settings > [Your name] > Family Sharing > [Your name] (Me) > Subscriptions. This will show the shared subscriptions that they have access to. It is also important to note that only 6 members are allowed in a Family Sharing group, and you must have bought the Family or Premier plan on Apple One, so if you are in excess of this number, that is perhaps why. If you are under 6 in number, and your family members all have access to the necessary subscriptions, they can go ahead and cancel their own subscriptions by going (on their iPhones) to Settings > [Your name] > Subscriptions. This will allow them the rest of their most recently paid month on their own subscription before (unnoticeably) transferring to your version of the subscription shared with them. If the subscription is not currently shared with them, then ensure that under Settings > [Your name] > Subscriptions, the "Share with Family" option is checked, although this is turned on by default for all eligible subscriptions. I hope this has helped. Let me know how you get on following these instructions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 12:33 PM in response to jpecora76

Firstly, you should ensure that they have access to the subscriptions/purchases you have shared with them. On their iPhones, go to Settings > [Your name] > Family Sharing > [Your name] (Me) > Subscriptions. This will show the shared subscriptions that they have access to. It is also important to note that only 6 members are allowed in a Family Sharing group, and you must have bought the Family or Premier plan on Apple One, so if you are in excess of this number, that is perhaps why. If you are under 6 in number, and your family members all have access to the necessary subscriptions, they can go ahead and cancel their own subscriptions by going (on their iPhones) to Settings > [Your name] > Subscriptions. This will allow them the rest of their most recently paid month on their own subscription before (unnoticeably) transferring to your version of the subscription shared with them. If the subscription is not currently shared with them, then ensure that under Settings > [Your name] > Subscriptions, the "Share with Family" option is checked, although this is turned on by default for all eligible subscriptions. I hope this has helped. Let me know how you get on following these instructions.

I added a family member to my apple family plan how do I discontinue their apple plans

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.