Two Step Authentication?

Is there any way to turn this OFF. I am primarily concerned with the opening notification in Ventura. Also, since I CLEAR my registers NIGHTLY this thing comes up every time I access Apple for anything because it thinks I am using a different computer when I AM NOT.

WGB

iMac (M1, 2021)

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 7:32 AM

Two factor authentication cannot be turned off, nor would you want to make your account less secure. Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

4 replies

Jun 13, 2023 11:54 AM in response to Sparkgapper

Sparkgapper wrote:

Guess I will have to bear with the AGRIVATION that to a single household member is nothing but agravation in the extreme. At least on the Apple sites it is now somewhat easier to do other than wanting to add in other devices which will never happen because of difficulties.

I am the only user in my household (being the only person in my household) and I almost never have to interact with 2FA, maybe once or twice a month. Of course, I also don't clear caches and cookies out of my web browser every night. To me, that would be aggravating in the extreme.

Two Step Authentication?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.