Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Macbook air m2 display on dell monitor

Does the macbook air with M2 chip work with the dell s7322hc monitor ?

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 3:59 AM

Looks like it should work.

The Dell S2723HC is a 27" monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels. That's rather low for a 27" monitor. You'll see the same amount of stuff that you'd normally see on a 24" screen, only somewhat magnified. That may be what you are looking for, but I thought I'd mention it, in case you weren't.

It has an IPS panel and 99% coverage of sRGB. No mention of wide gamut (Adobe RGB or DCI-P3) coverage, but if you're not looking for a wide gamut for photography or video, 99% of sRGB is good.

It has two video inputs: HDMI and USB-C. Looks like a USB-C connection to one of the USB-C ports on a M2 MacBook Air could carry video to the monitor, could carry up 65 watts of charging power to the MacBook Air, and could enable the use of two downstream USB-A ports on the monitor, all at the same time.

65 watts is more than sufficient to charge a M2 MacBook Air. Apple's bundled power adapters only provide 30 or 35 watts. I don't know if 65 watts is enough to fast-charge a M2 MacBook Air (in 30 minutes). Apple claims that the M2 MacBook Airs can fast-charge with a 70 watt power adapter. So I'm thinking that the monitor would charge your laptop quickly, even if not always in 30 minutes.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 3:59 AM in response to Rfish1

Looks like it should work.

The Dell S2723HC is a 27" monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels. That's rather low for a 27" monitor. You'll see the same amount of stuff that you'd normally see on a 24" screen, only somewhat magnified. That may be what you are looking for, but I thought I'd mention it, in case you weren't.

It has an IPS panel and 99% coverage of sRGB. No mention of wide gamut (Adobe RGB or DCI-P3) coverage, but if you're not looking for a wide gamut for photography or video, 99% of sRGB is good.

It has two video inputs: HDMI and USB-C. Looks like a USB-C connection to one of the USB-C ports on a M2 MacBook Air could carry video to the monitor, could carry up 65 watts of charging power to the MacBook Air, and could enable the use of two downstream USB-A ports on the monitor, all at the same time.

65 watts is more than sufficient to charge a M2 MacBook Air. Apple's bundled power adapters only provide 30 or 35 watts. I don't know if 65 watts is enough to fast-charge a M2 MacBook Air (in 30 minutes). Apple claims that the M2 MacBook Airs can fast-charge with a 70 watt power adapter. So I'm thinking that the monitor would charge your laptop quickly, even if not always in 30 minutes.

Jun 13, 2023 11:34 PM in response to Rfish1

I'm having trouble finding Dell's description for that monitor. Could you post a link to that monitor's home page on Dell's Web site?

From there, we'll be able to see the monitor's resolution, ports, and other specifications, and even to go take a peek in the owner's manual. You'd need to contact Dell for a definitive answer to your question, but if we can take a look at Dell's description, the rest of us can make a pretty good guess.

Macbook air m2 display on dell monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.