Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Please help with the "Cache" file location of BorisFX Application Manager

Hi,

I am not sure I am on right place and if not please delete my request or move to suitable section.

I bought BorisFX Plugins ( Continuum, Sapphire, MochaPro (Perpetual) + Silhouette (Perpetual).

I do not have any issue, yet, with the applications as I am very newbie. But BorisFX has their application manager which can easily see new available updates. So I installed. It was not working for quite sometime on my Mac Pro 2019. The issues are . . .

showed like above, the Log-in area is white blank and BorisFX Ad area is also blank. I can see the Ad if I click any tab except Products Tab.

The second issue I am facing with the Version info.

I have download the latest version of Sapphire from their website but still the application is showing me I have available software to update. It is showing me the version I installed on system is 16.501 and new version 16.51 is available to download even I have installed 16.51.

I have contacted them since 3 Jun 2023 as I was suggested to do so from BorisFX FB page as it start annoying me. They cannot even help me to fix till this point. However I got email from their support today and suggested me to clear the cache and the issue will fix.

The location they have suggested me is

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\BorisFX\Application Manager\cache

I tried but I have no clue where to find the location. I have emailed them but I might take awhile to get back from them. If any chance please kindly help me to locate the location.

I found Users\<username>\ but cannot find C:\ and AppData anywhere.

Kind Regards

Mac Pro, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 3:11 PM

mrzayar wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure I am on right place and if not please delete my request or move to suitable section.

I bought BorisFX Plugins ( Continuum, Sapphire, MochaPro (Perpetual) + Silhouette (Perpetual).
I do not have any issue, yet, with the applications as I am very newbie. But BorisFX has their application manager which can easily see new available updates. So I installed. It was not working for quite sometime on my Mac Pro 2019.

Your path as suggested above <C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\BorisFX\Application Manager\cache>

is Windows OS

For your third party app—If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility /updates... Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

ref

Support - Boris FX

Support & Maintenance Contracts

Boris FX Knowledgebase

https://borisfx.com/faq/

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 3:11 PM in response to mrzayar

mrzayar wrote:

Hi,

I do not have any issue, yet, with the applications as I am very newbie. But BorisFX has their application manager which can easily see new available updates. So I installed. It was not working for quite sometime on my Mac Pro 2019.

Your path as suggested above <C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\BorisFX\Application Manager\cache>

is Windows OS

For your third party app—If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility /updates... Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

ref

Support - Boris FX

Support & Maintenance Contracts

Boris FX Knowledgebase

https://borisfx.com/faq/

Please help with the "Cache" file location of BorisFX Application Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.