I need to perform a system update on a MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) that does not display a Software Update function for upgrading the OS. Help Please.

I need to perform a system update on a MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) that does not display a Software Update function for upgrading the OS. Can someone please help?

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 4:47 PM

Back up your data, check the application compatibility table, click here, and then on the download link for a more-recent OS. That model's maximum one is Monterey.

Catalina and above won't run 32-bit software; if you choose one of them, use Go64 as well.

(240570)

3 replies

Jun 24, 2023 11:49 AM in response to dcald024

Again, thank you for the help. The Go64 application allowed me to delete and reload 32 bit apps that had 64 bit versions available. There were just a handful of non-essential apps that I just deleted as there were not 64 bit versions available. All in all, it took about 1.5 to 2 days of collective work to get it all done. It was well worth the effort to perform all of the updating. I could not have cleared all of the 32 bit apps issues without the Go64 application.

I need to perform a system update on a MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) that does not display a Software Update function for upgrading the OS. Help Please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.