You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Apple TV device why subscribe

I have an Apple TV device and wanted to watch on another tv but keep getting subscribe offer.

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 5:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 6:24 PM

1. The Apple TV box and the Apple TV+ subscription are independent of each other.
  2. The Apple TV app on third party devices has some overlap, but all-in-all very different functionality than the box. Apple TV app vs. Apple TV box - Apple Community
  3. Some third party devices get the full Apple TV app, select other devices get the specialized Apple TV+ app. Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

Verify that you are signed in to the app on that “another TV”, through the in-app Settings (sprockets wheel icon), using the Apple ID account that has the subscription and/or purchases.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 13, 2023 6:24 PM in response to sarah113

1. The Apple TV box and the Apple TV+ subscription are independent of each other.
  2. The Apple TV app on third party devices has some overlap, but all-in-all very different functionality than the box. Apple TV app vs. Apple TV box - Apple Community
  3. Some third party devices get the full Apple TV app, select other devices get the specialized Apple TV+ app. Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

Verify that you are signed in to the app on that “another TV”, through the in-app Settings (sprockets wheel icon), using the Apple ID account that has the subscription and/or purchases.

I have Apple TV device why subscribe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.